- World Wide Waste: How Digital is Killing Our Planet – And What We Can Do About It. Gerry McGovern, Silver Beach, 2020. (Read my book review)
- Designing for Sustainability: A Guide to Building Greener Digital Products & Services. Tim Frick, O’Reilly Media, Inc., 2016.
- Design is the Problem: The Future of Design Must Be Sustainable. Nathan Shedroff, Rosenfeld Media, 2009.
- Carbon and the Cloud. Hard facts about data storage.
- CO₂ and Greenhouse Gas Emissions
- Why your internet habits are not as clean as you think
- How Improving Website Performance Can Help Save The Planet
- Thinking About Power Usage and Websites by Chris Coyier
- Eco Worriers: Saving the Planet, One Unoptimized Website at a Time by Robin Osborne
- Sustainable UX: How Designers Can Help Make a Positive Impact on the Environment by James Christie
- The Rise Of Green UX by Kelsey Campbell-Dollaghan
- CO2 emissions on the web by Danny van Kooten
- Branch: online magazine on everything from art to advocacy
- “So you wanna create an eco-friendly website” by Eric Bailey
- “Less Data Doesn’t Mean a Lesser Experience” by Tim Kadlec
Sites, Communities, Blogs, Playlists
- Sustainable Web Design: Resources for building a cleaner, greener internet
- SustainableUX: online event including videos of past talks
- ClimateAction.tech community
- The Green Web Foundation
- Wholegrain Digital Blog
- Sustainability by Design TED playlist
- The “Curiously Green” Newsletter from Wholegrain Digital
- McKinsey’s Insights on Sustainability and Sustainability Newsletter
- SustainableUX Newsletter
- “The Internet’s Carbon Footprint”. IRL podcast by Firefox, 2019.
- “Sustainable UX with James Christie”. UI Breakfast podcast, 2019.
- “How to Be a Sustainable Web Designer”. The Boagworld UX Show podcast, 2020.
- “Reaching the Entire UK with Matt Hobbs”. Chasing Waterfalls podcast, 2020.